Advertisement Advertisement



Recycle / Rubbish Bins

Recycle & Rubbish Bins

The council of the borough in which you live provides outdoor Recycle and Rubbish Bins to every house (with the exception of Merton and Wandsworth Boroughs) throughout your borough, so when you move in, move out, and throughout the duration of a tenancy, there should be one of each for use.

When is Collection Day?

You can find out from the council or anyone else living in the house when collection day is. Some boroughs will collect rubbish from the bins on the property; others expect that you bring the bins to the street for collection. If so, you, individually and together, are responsible to place the bins onto the side of the street for pick-up and, by law, to remove the bins from the street following a collection.

All garbage and rubbish needs to be bagged. All garbage must be placed in bins or in a covered area so as not to attract foxes or other unwanted pests. Clean up any garbage around the bins and any spills to detract these pests.

What if I need a rubbish and/or recycle bin?

If recycle or rubbish bins need to be replaced either because they are broken or stolen, you will need to contact your local council. To have recycle or rubbish bins replaced is a free service; however, do not expect replacement bins straight away as councils, albeit helpful, are notoriously slow as a service provider.

To find and/or contact your local council, see:

Need Further Assistance?

To report any damage or need for repairs, please provide a full description of the maintenance issue when filling in your online Maintenance Report form.

Once you have submitted a report, an Arrive Homes representative will be in contact with you shortly.